We were drinking cocktails in a bar on a weeknight â€“ I know, life choices â€“ when we overheard two girls talking; â€œDamn girl, you been working out?!â€
The second girl had indeed been working out, and was happy to share the details, loudly, with her friend and half the bar.
â€œMy ass is so tight now! Men are gonna want to hit that.â€
â€œNa ah,â€ the friend disagreed. â€œYour ass is so tight, men are gonna wan to Wife That. Theyâ€™ll take one look and theyâ€™ll be like, I am gonna Wife That. For sure.â€
The expression â€œto Wife thatâ€ meaning, presumably, to marry, filled me with delight.
Itâ€™s amazing how inventive and expressive people can be. Itâ€™s quite the happiest Iâ€™ve been since I went to a rap battle feeling terribly British and heard the expression â€œgive him some shine!â€
S’mores Bars12 Graham Crackers (or a few more if your tray is a little bigger) 1 stick of butter Â½ cup brown sugar Â½ tsp salt 1 tsp good vanilla extract 3 Â½ cups mini marshmallows 1 Â½ cups chocolate chips (good quality ones) Â
- Line the baking tray with foil leaving a generous overhand so you can use it to lift out the sâ€™mores later. Arrange the cookies in the baking tray to form one even layer â€“ break them into pieces if necessary
- Put the butter and sugar into a pan, bring the mixture to a simmer, swirling the pan to dissolve the sugar, then simmer for 5 minutes until you have a deep caramel. Off the heat add the vanilla and the salt and stir to combine
- Pour this mixture over the crackers and spread out evenly with a spatula into a thin layer
- Scatter the marshmallows on top and put under the broiler (grill) until they are golden brown (or bake for 10 mins at 350f ish)
- Scatter the chocolate chips over the marshmallows. Let them sit in the heat for a minute until they start to melt, then use a skewer to ripple the chocolate and marshmallow together
- Refridgerate for an hour to chill and set. Remove from the tray and cut into pieces
2 Responses to I’m gonna Wife that.