Cous cous is delicious hot or cold or at room temperature which means you can make it well in advance and get it out of the way if that makes life easier. But itâ€™s hardly a chore.
Youâ€™re looking for plain cous cous. Not cous cous with added herbs and odd flavors.Â And not giant cous cous either. Donâ€™t make life harder than it is.
- Pour half a cup of cous cous per person into a bowl
- Pour over half a cup of boiling stock or water per person on top of it
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap (clingfilm) or foil or a plate and a dish cloth to try to keep the steam in.
- Leave for ten minutes.
- Remove the saran wrap and fork vigorously through the grains to fluff them up and get rid of any lumps.
- Season with a good pinch of salt and a grinding of black pepper