Cous Cous with Pomegranates
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 cups of cous cous
2 cups of hot chicken stock (from a box, though a cube is fine too)
- Tip the cous cous into a bowl
- Pour over the boiling chicken stock
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap (cling film) or foil or a plate and a dish cloth to try to keep the steam in.
- Leave for ten minutes.
- Remove the saran wrap and fork vigorously through the grains to fluff them up and get rid of any lumps.
- Season with a good pinch of salt and a grinding of black pepper
- De-seed the pomegranate over the cous cous
- Stir in about half the seeds and leave the other half glistening on top.
- Squeeze in any juice thatâ€™s left