Choose a peppery salad leaf like arugula. I usually use half arugula and half baby spinach. Mix things up by using Seville oranges, or even beautiful blood oranges.
Ingredients1 orange Â½ red onion 4tsp olive oil Â½ tsp mustard pinch of salt and pepper salad leaves a handful of mint and/or flat leaf parsley
- Cut the peel off the orange taking take to remove all the white pith.
- Slice the orange into rounds or supremes (picking out pips as you go)
- Slice the red onion into thin Â½ moons and put into a jam jar or bowl
- Pour in the olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Squeeze in the remains of the orange â€“ you need about 3 tsps of juice.
- Shake or stir together and let the onion steep for a couple of minutes.
- Tip the leaves into a bowl, tear up the herbs into the leaves.
- Dress carefully â€“ a tsp at a time â€“ until the leaves begin to glisten
- Scatter the oranges over the top and season with a little more salt