Ingredients½ French stick Jar / deli container of artichokes 1 cup of ricotta 1 lemon Salt, pepper, olive oil
- Cut the bread on the diagonal into thin slices
- Brush one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake in the oven at 400 for 5 minutes watching it to make sure it doesn’t burn (this depends on the thinness of the bread)
- Mix the ricotta with the zest and the juice from the ½ the lemon season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on the bread and top with the artichokes – cut them lengthwise into halves or quarters if they are too chunky
- Grind black pepper over the top and serve
Add a green salad with a squeeze of lemon and olive oil, and maybe some cheese and a handful of black olives and you’ve got yourself a dinner.
This recipe initially appeared alongside the recipe for a Sea Breeze – the perfect pairing on a hot summer’s evening.