If you fancy a little light cooking, these wonton wrapper parcels are so worth the effort – hot crispy parcels of tangy cheese. Delicious.
Wonton Wrapper Parcels (serves 4)
12 – 16 wonton wrappers (I’m guestimating 3 or 4 per person) 1 large ball of mozzarella cheese 3 – 4 tbsp mango chutney 1 lime 1 egg Vegetable oil
- Crack the egg in a bowl and whisk
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and use a circular cookie cutter (or a glass) to cut into a disk
- Dab about 1/2 tsp of mango chutney in the middle of the disk
- Top with a 1cm-ish cube of mozzarella
- Grate over a few fronds of lime zest
- Use your finger or a pastry brush to dab egg around the circumference of the disk.
- Fold the disk in half to make a ravioli, and press down the edges pushing out the air and sealing the parcel shut
- Repeat until you’ve made all the parcels
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the parcels for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
This recipe originally appeared with a frozen watermelon martini recipe and a discussion of public swimming pools.