Ingredients (enough for 4 people)
These “chips” are slivers of roasted zucchini that crunch at the edges and melt in the middle. They’re not the daintiest of snack foods, but they are really delicious.
1 large zucchini or 2 small ones 1 cup of natural yogurt 1 tbsp mango chutney 1/2 tsp curry powder Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini into thin coins – as thin as you can get them – 1/4 cm ish
- Toss with a few tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in a hot oven (400 – 450) for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and crunchy (note, if the zucchini slices are thicker they will take longer. Just leave them in until they crisp up, which they will do eventually
- Mix the yoghurt with the curry powder and mango chutney and tip into a serving dish
- Sprinkle the hot zucchini “chips” with salt and serve
This dipping sauce is great with vegetable crudités too, if the thought of turning the oven on is just too much.
This recipe originally appeared with a discussion of the appeal of a Gin and Tonic both on the river, and glowing in the dark under UV light.