Ingredients (enough for 4 people)½ cup of pop corn kernels 3 tbsp vegetable oil 2tsp salt 2tsp brown sugar 2tsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 tsp paprika 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Tip the kernels into a pan, pour in the oil and half the salt (1tsp)
- Cover the pan with foil – use serious heavy foil or do a double layer – to make a lid and cut a few holes for the steam to escape
- Hold the pan above the heat so that it gently cooks the kernels (about 3 minutes.)
- (or make some plain microwave pop corn or buy a bag of ready popped plain pop corn)
- Mix the sugar, the remaining salt (1tsp), the rosemary and the paprika into the melted butter and pour over the popcorn, stirring well.
This recipe originally appeared with a Shirley Temple cocktail some thoughts on mocktails I loved on family holidays.