This mixture makes enough to fill 6 ramekins, but I like to serve it smaller shot glasses because it’s pretty rich – it’s enough for 8 servings – and because you can really see the colors of the fruit
Ingredients2 bars of good white chocolate ¾ cup of heavy cream, and ¼ cup of milk 1 large organic fresh egg Blackberries and raspberries
- Break two bars of white chocolate into pieces in a bowl.
- Pour a ¾ cup of heavy cream and ¼ cup of milk into a pan and heat until it’s just about to boil.
- Tip the hot cream over the chocolate and count to 20.
- Whisk the melting chocolate into the cream until the color is uniform.
- Crack in the egg and whisk again. You’re not trying to whip up the mixture, just mix everything well.
- Put a few blueberries and raspberries in the bottom of your glasses – or go with a layered approach and put raspberries on the bottom as a single layer
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a jug, then from the jug into the little pots or shot glasses. Put the pots into the fridge and let them set for at least 2 hours or overnight. Leave them out of the fridge ten minutes to lose the chill before eating them.
- Decorate with a few blackberries and raspberries – unless you’re doing a layered aesthetic, in which case, decorate with blackberries
This originally appeared along with a selection of other red, white and blue desserts for Labor day.