This is a Spanish take on garlic bread, rubbed with sweet tomato juice
Ingredients (serves 4)4 thick slices of crusty bread or 8 slices of baguette 1 fat clove of garlic 6 ripe tomatoes (if theyâ€™re not ripe, roast them in the oven with some olive oil and salt for 10 mins at 300) Olive oil Salt and pepper
- Grill the bread (this is perfect on a barbeque) for 2 minutes on each side until lightly toasted
- Cut a slice off the garlic to expose a juicy end, then rub this over the bread
- Rub in a tomato, really pressing the juice into the bread.
- Pour over a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle generously with salt and season with pepper.
This recipe first appeared with a recipe for white sangria.