Ingredients (enough for 4 people)
These “chips” are slivers of roasted zucchini that crunch at the edges and melt in the middle. They’re not the daintiest of snack foods, but they are really delicious.
1 large zucchini or 2 small ones 1 cup of natural yogurt 1 tbsp mango chutney 1/2 tsp curry powder Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini into thin coins – as thin as you can get them – 1/4 cm ish
- Toss with a few tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in a hot oven (400 – 450) for 15 â€“ 20 minutes until golden and crunchy (note, if the zucchini slices are thicker they will take longer. Just leave them in until they crisp up, which they will do eventually
- Mix the yoghurt with the curry powder and mango chutney and tip into a serving dish
- Sprinkle the hot zucchini â€œchipsâ€ with salt and serve
This dipping sauce is great with vegetable cruditÃ©s too, if the thought of turning the oven on is just too much.
This recipe originally appeared with a discussion of the appeal of a Gin and Tonic both on the river, and glowing in the dark under UV light.