- Dice the onion, the celery, the bacon and peel and dice the apple
- Fry in the butter until cooked through â€“ about five mins
- Off the heat add the cranberries the pecans and the breadcrumbs and season well
- Pour in the egg and stir in the apple juice until the stuffing mixture binds together â€“ you may need more or, if youâ€™re using super dry breadcrumbs, you may need a little less
- Tip into a baking tray
- Once the turkey comes out of the oven to rest, turn up the oven to 400 and roast for 20 – 25 mins
This originally appeared as part of a full Thanksgiving dinner recipe, but could just as easily be part of a Christmas dinner, or Sunday lunch.