Ingredients (serves 4 â€“ 6 depending on the size of your ramekins)2 bars of Mayan Gold chocolate Â¾ cup of heavy cream and Â¼ cup of milk 1 large organic fresh egg.
- Break two bars of Mayan Gold chocolate into pieces in a bowl.
- Pour Â¾ cup of heavy cream (double cream) and Â¼ cup of milk into a pan and heat until itâ€™s just about to boil.
- Tip the hot cream over the chocolate and count to 20.
- Whisk the melting chocolate into the cream until the color is uniform.
- Crack in the egg and whisk again. Youâ€™re not trying to whip up the mixture, just to really mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a jug, then from the jug into the little pots. Put the pots into the fridge and let them set for two hours.
(You can let them sit for longer â€“ overnight, a day or so, not much longer because of the egg – but take them out of the fridge to allow them to warm up a little about 20 minutes before you plan to eat them.)
Do you want to make them fancier?
- Serve with a jug of cold pouring cream
- Or with a fruit salad of orange slices and a little bit of brown sugar
- Dust the tops with high quality deep red coco powder
This recipe originally appeared along with an admission that I used chocolate to knock-out my sister.