Ingredients (serves 4- 6 depending on the size of the pots that you are using)2 bars of good chocolate 3/4 cup of heavy (double) cream and Â¼ cup of milk 1 large organic fresh egg 1 marshmallow per person Â½ a graham cracker per person
- Break two bars of dark chocolate into pieces in a bowl.
- Pour the Â¾ cup of heavy cream and Â¼ cup of milk into a pan and heat until itâ€™s just about to boil.
- Tip the hot cream/milk over the chocolate and count to 20.
- Whisk the melting chocolate into the cream until the color is uniform.
- Crack in the egg and whisk again. Youâ€™re not trying to whip up the mixture, just mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a jug, then from the jug into the little pots. Put the pots into the fridge and let them set for two hours
- Top with a marshmallow and use a blow torch to toast it â€“ or put under a hot grill for a couple of minutes.
- Smash the crackers into crumbs in a zip lock bag
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the toasted marshmallows
(You can let them sit for longer â€“ overnight, a day or two, not much longer because of the egg – but take them out of the fridge to allow them to warm up a little about 20 minutes before you plan to eat them.)
The original post in which these appeared can be found here: This Dinner Will Get You Laid – Ships that pass in the afternoon