This mixture makes enough to fill 6 ramekins, but I like to serve it smaller shot glasses because itâ€™s pretty rich â€“ itâ€™s enough for 8 servings â€“ and because you can really see the colors of the fruit
Ingredients2 bars of good white chocolate Â¾ cup of heavy cream, and Â¼ cup of milk 1 large organic fresh egg Blackberries and raspberries
- Break two bars of white chocolate into pieces in a bowl.
- Pour a Â¾ cup of heavy cream and Â¼ cup of milk into a pan and heat until itâ€™s just about to boil.
- Tip the hot cream over the chocolate and count to 20.
- Whisk the melting chocolate into the cream until the color is uniform.
- Crack in the egg and whisk again. Youâ€™re not trying to whip up the mixture, just mix everything well.
- Put a few blueberries and raspberries in the bottom of your glasses â€“ or go with a layered approach and put raspberries on the bottom as a single layer
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a jug, then from the jug into the little pots or shot glasses. Put the pots into the fridge and let them set for at least 2 hours or overnight. Leave them out of the fridge ten minutes to lose the chill before eating them.
- Decorate with a few blackberries and raspberries â€“ unless youâ€™re doing a layered aesthetic, in which case, decorate with blackberries
This originally appeared along with a selection of other red, white and blue desserts for Labor day.