I’m pretty much suggesting aÂ re-appropriationÂ of the celebration of romantic love for the purposes of celebrating really great girlfriends.Â I just think we’d have more fun.
Very few men really appreciate the joys of fizzy wine, chocolates that come in heart shaped boxes, and wearing pink and red things.
So though I am suggesting pink drinks for lovers, in my heart I know, I mostly drink these with my friends.
French Martini (per glass)
Thereâ€™s debate over whether this really qualifies as a martini, in which case, I suppose itâ€™s just a â€œFrenchâ€, which somehow sounds a lot dirtier. A rose by any other name. Eitherway, itâ€™s got it all â€“ pinkness, raspberries, and a martini glass. Whatâ€™s not to love?
1 measure vodka Â½ measure Chambord Â½ measure pineapple juice 5 raspberries (optional) Â
- Muddle 4 of the raspberries in a shaker, then add ice and pour in the vodka, Chambord and juice.
- Shake to combine, then strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with the remaining raspberry
Kir Royal (per glass)1 tbsp crÃ¨me de cassis (or Chambord if thatâ€™s what you have in) Champagne (or prosecco) Â
- Measure the crÃ¨me de cassis into a flute
- Top up with bubbles
Cosmopolitan (per glass)
Itâ€™s a classic. Sure, itâ€™s possibly a little overexposed, but since when did being a little over exposed become a problem on Valentines?1 measure cranberry juice 1 measure vodka Â½ measure Cointreau Juice of Â½ a lime Â
- Shake over ice, then strain into a martini glass
- Serve with a lime wedge
Orange Pomitini (per glass)1 measure pomegranate juice (you can juice a pomegranate just like an orange, though the juice stains if spattered, so I do it in the sink and wear an apron.) 1 measure vodka 1 measure blood orange juice 1 tsp pomegranate seeds Â
- Juice the pomegranate and pour into a shaker with the vodka and orange juice
- Add ice and shake to chill. Strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds
If You Can Make That You Can Make This
- Try some other pink cocktails:
- ExoticÂ rose pink champagne
- Or a refreshingÂ pomitini
- Switch out desert and have aÂ strawberries and creamÂ cocktail
- Or a sweet sharpÂ seabreeze
- Or a slightly sweeterÂ Blushing Lady
2 Responses to Pink Drinks for Valentines Day